Saturday 3 February 2018

My Boys

When I say my boys, I actually mean all 4 of them.

Yes, that's right....4!

Stew my husband, Ethan my eldest son, Oliver my youngest son and Harry the Pug. I am the lone female in a household of males. But I wouldn't have it any other way.

Stew

I met Stew at college when we both enrolled on a Media course which started in October 1998. At first he was just a friend of my friends, but before long our friendship grew too and we eventually (following a hurdle or two) started dating. We moved in together a year later, which many may have thought was too soon, but we saw it as something that was inevitable anyway, we knew how we felt about one another and we were already spending all day, everyday with each and sleeping over at one another's houses. Looking back I wish we had waited a while, maybe travelled a bit before we got bogged down with rent and bills, but it obviously all worked out in the end because almost 19 years later we are still together. We have been through some tough times, but some great times too with the birth of our two boys being at the top of our greatest moments list (not that we have an actual list of course)

Last year I nearly lost him, following a very serious Road Traffic Accident. But he is strong willed and he fought his way back to us. I couldn't be more proud to have him as my husband. He is my best friend and the one person who has my back no matter what.

I look forward to the many years ahead with him.

This was taken pre-kids

My crazy nutty husband

Me and Stewart

Amsterdam Hotel

This was us in Amsterdam

One of my favourite pics, us in Nice, France


Ethan

Ethan was our first born son. He came into our lives on the 22nd March 2011, but he was a part of us before that date. From the very first kick and the first scan appointments, we knew we loved him and we couldn't wait to see him. The labour and birth despite some complications at the end was trauma free and we welcomed our tiny bundle into the world. The first days of him being here went by in a daze. I was completely thrown by the whole baby thing and I struggled at first. I wasn't sure what I was doing at all and I had days when I didn't even get myself dressed; I basically lived in PJ's and went without showers for days on end! It wasn't good but I got through it. One thing that was a definite though was that I was so in love with our little boy. He was beautiful in everyway and I have enjoyed being his mom over the last 6 years. Ethan has grown up to be an intelligent, caring, sensitive and crazy little boy. He is a very loving boy, but he also has a crazy sense of humour. One thing I can say about Ethan is that he is laid back....just like his father.


 
 



Oliver

This little scamp was born on the 19th September 2014. I knew from the moment I looked into his eyes that he was going to be a different character altogether to Ethan. From an early age he had a determination that I adored. As a baby, he was a bit more demanding but he had the most amazing eyes, which stopped me from ever being frustrated or cross with him. As he grew he became known as 'Naughty Oliver' by his family members. All of them love him for who he is. As do we. He is now 3 years old and knows his own mind. He likes his own company, but loves to talk and he isn't a fan of being told what to do. But he is learning everyday what behaviour is acceptable and what is not. I often hear that 'no two kids are the same' but I don't mind. I love both my boys equally for the small persons that they are. Oliver has the most enchanting cheeky smile, which he knows how to use.

 
 
 


Harry the Pug


And then there is Harry the Pugger. He is 3 and half months old and he is a wonderful ball of fur. We have always talked about getting a dog and then after losing our baby in November, we decided to just do it. The boys love him, he is gorgeous and definitely one of the family. He loves lazy sleeps on the sofa, food and running around biting and chewing on everything on sight. He is a naughty little buggar at times but he is so much fun. :)

And that's the men in my life. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment